Badger's Way Lodge - Luxury Two Bedroom Self Catering Accommodation in the beautiful setting of Limefitt, Troutbeck, near Lake Windermere
New for 2010 - our contemporary, luxury lodge - ideal for nature lovers, walkers and those who simply want to relax and soak up the beautiful scenery here. Badgers pass by each evening and with a little patience, you are sure to get an exciting, close up view of them!
The lodge is situated in the same position as our previous holiday home - in a quiet and most attractive part of Limefitt's grounds.
It has been designed and built for us to a high specification and with many 'bespoke' features - making it a very desirable home from home!
It will comfortably accommodate up to 4 people and from the lodge and decking it has beautiful views of the Troutbeck valley and surrounding fells.
Wildlife abounds: robins, finches, tits, nuthatches and woodpeckers frequently visit our bird table, whilst buzzards often circle above. Deer and red squirrels have also been seen but our favourite visitors are of course the badgers!
We're sure you'll find a stay at 'Badger's Way' - unforgettable !
This is a light, airy lodge and is fully double glazed and centrally heated throughout.
Entrance to the lodge is via the decked balcony into the hall which leads to open plan living accommodation, comprising:
Lounge/ dining area
- large wall mounted TV, DVD and CD players
- modern 'cosy-glow' fireplace
- leather sofa/armchairs
- coffee tables with lamps
- elegant dining set
- double doors lead onto the spacious verandah
- the site has free internet access
- we have a variety of books and games to keep you entertained
- fully equipped with double oven, grill and hob
- fridge, freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle
- plenty of crockery, cutlery, utensils etc
- iron and board, vacuum and cleaning items
- there is also a very useful 'hiking cupboard' for wet coats, bags and boots
- double bed
- wardrobes, drawers and small dressing table
- en suite with walk in shower
- hand basin, toilet, shaver point and heated towel rail
- two full sized single beds
- wardrobe, drawers and cupboards
- bath with shower
- hand basin, toilet, shaver point and heated towel rail
- there is a large, gated verandah with garden furniture and plants
- it's a wonderful place to relax and it catches the sun from morning till evening
- alongside the lodge, below the decking, there is a small garden with seating, a grassed BBQ area and
Click on a thumbnail to launch the image viewer
The map on this page can be zoomed in to show you the exact location of the lodge on Limefitt
|Arrival Dates Between
||4 Night Midweek Break Commencing Monday
||3 Night Weekend Break Commencing Friday
|01 March 2013
||28 March 2013
|29 March 2013
||04 April 2013
|05 April 2013
||02 May 2013
|03 May 2013
||23 May 2013
|24 May 2013
||18 July 2013
|19 July 2013
||29 August 2013
|30 August 2013
||12 September 2013
|13 September 2013
||03 October 2013
|04 October 2013
||31 October 2013
|01 November 2013
||19 December 2013
Prices are all inclusive - There are no additional charges!
- Limefitt is closed from Jan 15th to Feb 28th
- On booking a full week's stay, a £100 deposit is required, with the balance due 8 weeks before arrival
- Short breaks are payable on booking
- Payment can be made by cheque or by electronic bank transfer.
- Cancellation must be notified 8 weeks prior to commencement of holiday. The deposit is non refundable. The balance is non returnable if we are unable to secure another booking at short notice.
- Prices are fully inclusive of bed linen, pillows, duvets, towels, tea towels, dish cloth, gas, electricity and cleaning.
- Maximum Occupancy is 4 persons (plus 1 child in cot)
- High chairs and cots are available, free of charge, by prior arrangement but we do not provide cot bedding.
- Check in time is 3.00 pm on the day of arrival and check out time is 10.30 am on the day of departure
- We are unable to accept dogs/pets and smoking is not permitted inside the lodge.
- The Leisure Club at White Cross Bay has a gym, heated pool and other facilities. It can be used by our guests for a daily/weekly fee. You will need to speak to Limefitt reception first
- For your safety in the lodge, there are smoke and gas detectors, a fire blanket and a fire extinguisher
Badger's Way - Booking Form
Please be kind enough to check our availability before completing the booking form or calling us
If you wish to make an enquiry by telephone, please call
Alan and Judy Coates on : +44 (0)161 748 8403
View this owner's web site - www.badgersway.co.uk
Guest Comments 2010 - our first year... :
Stuart and Alison
We are pleased to be your first visitors and I have no doubt that we will return to
Limefitt after such an enjoyable stay. Shame about the sun in our eyes and the noisy
Gabriel, Sarah and Lee - 15th May
Had a wonderful time at the lodge. We all enjoyed the Pirates Day at the Watermill
and don't want to go home!
Stuart and Alison - 21st May
Another lovely break. Hoping to become an owner very soon!
Tracey and Michael - 28th May
Had a wonderful time at Badger's Way Lodge. Did loads of walking. Recommend the
Haybarn for reasonable home cooked food. Will really miss Billy the Badger who
came several times each night for peanuts and toast. We hope to return to Limefitt in
the near future.
Elaine and Gordon - 4th June
Had a great time at Badger's Way Lodge. It's very comfortable and in a prime
position on the site. Enjoyed watching the badgers feed at night. Hope to come again.
Melanie and David - 18th June
The lodge is fantastically located to explore the Lakes and surrounding areas. The site
is well maintained and the lodge is great. The badgers were amazing!
Tony, Judy, Terry, Lynsey and baby Harvey - 21st to 25th June
We have had a lovely time at Badger's Way - BBQs every evening on the decking, whilst the sun went down!! The badgers came every night and really entertained us- we couldn't believe how close they came. The site is so peaceful (except for the fighter jet flying overhead!) Would definitely recommend it to anyone!
Rhian and Adrian - 26th to 28th June
Had a brilliant weekend here at Badger's Way, with great weather and plenty of BBQs and badgers! Thanks so much for a lovely stay.
Rachel, Tom, Ben and Jasmine - 3rd to 10th July
We have had a great holiday - lodge spotlessly clean and fulfilled all our needs. Our 1 and 5 year olds loved it! Found Haybarn Inn really nice and friendly. Loads of things to do in the area - and still loads to do next time we come! Badgers brilliant - couldn't believe how big they were! Many thanks ...
Ivan, Karen and Moira - 11th to 16th July
Had a fabulous week at Badger's Way Lodge. The accommodation is 'home from
home' and a credit to Alan and Judy. We enjoyed the cabaret provided nightly by the
badgers and look forward to seeing them on 'Springwatch' next year!!!! Had mixed
weather this week, looking forward to BBQs next time. Many Thanks.
Heather, David and Tim - 16th to 18th July
Thanks Judy. Had a lovely weekend - accommodation beautiful. Saw the badger and
enjoyed going to The Mortal Man for a drink.
Ellie, Tilly, Paul and Louise - 19th to 23rd July
Lovely lodge and a lovely place with loads to do. We really enjoyed the adventure
playground - the zipwire was very enjoyable. The views were brilliant and the
mountains looked as if they were on a postcard. We have had a truly wonderful stay
and will definitely come back next year. Nice badgers!
Bidyut, Sudha, Akash and Diya - 23rd to 28th July
Fantastic lodge and amazing views. We had a really comfortable stay and intend
coming back again.