Jinnyspinner Lodge is a privately owned dog-friendly pine lodge providing comfortable self-catering holiday accommodation.
Free use of the leisure facilities at the nearby Low Wood Club. These include a swimming pool, gym, sauna and outside hot tub with Lake views.
Set within the heart of one of the Lakeland's most beautiful valleys; Limefitt Park gives direct access to the Lakeland Fells, an abundance of walks and wildlife.
Only a five minute drive from Lake Windermere and all its facilities, being less than 3 miles away. Bowness, Windermere and Ambleside are all close by offering a wealth of activities and entertainment together with a plethora of shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs.
- riverside peaceful location
- spectacular views over the Troutbeck valley.
- excellent and private position within the exclusive 5 star Limefitt Park
- fantastic amenities
We are pleased to confirm that all our guests have complimentary use of the Low Wood Leisure Club* during their your stay. The club has a delightful swimming pool and gym as well as many other leisure facilities to try. Additionally guests will receive up to 20% off the watersports activities at the Low Wood Marina opposite the club.
* The Low Wood Club is located at the Low Wood Hotel 4 miles from Limefitt on the main A591 between Windermere & Ambleside.
- Superb 3 bedroom pine lodge which sleeps 6 people comfortably
- furnished to a high standard
- Children are more than welcome.
- Guests are requested not to smoke in the lodge.
- Full central heating and double glazing throughout.
- Main double bedroom with en-suite toilet and shower room, twin bedroom
- Bunk bed room.
- Together with main bathroom with bath.
- Spacious open plan kitchen living area
- An extremely comfortable lounge with French doors which open up on to the spacious decking area.
- *Dining area with extendable table which seats up to 6 people but can be reduced to maximise space in the open plan living area.
- A travel booster seat/highchair is provided in the lodge for your use.
- Flat screen TV, DVD and video player, radio/CD player and IPOD docking station with speakers.
- Plenty of videos, DVDs, books, games and maps
- Kitchen is fully equipped to include fridge with small freezer space, microwave, toaster, and dishwasher
- Spacious al fresco dining area on the newly extended decking
- To the side of the lodge there is a private garden with gas BBQ.
- Gravel parking area for two cars.
N.B. Parents, beware other than gates on the decking, site rules prevent any barriers being erected between the garden area and the river bank. There are sheer drops which are extremely dangerous to small and large children alike. Please be very careful with small children until you are on the decking and are able to lock the gate behind you.
ACCOMMODATION IN DETAIL
Once inside the lodge you are immediately drawn into the holiday atmosphere by the evocative and warming nature of the pine interior of the lodge. To the left of the front door is the dining area and a rack for shoes to be kept tidy during your stay with hooks above for the hanging of outdoor coats and a key rack. Small details that ensure maximum comfort throughout your stay! To the right of the front door is the open plan galley style kitchen area. In front of you, as you enter Jinnyspinner is the comfortable lounge with gas fire with the French doors to the left of the lounge area offering alternative access to the spacious outdoor decking area.
As you walk through the kitchen there is a small corridor off which there is, to the left, the twin bedroom with substantial triple wardrobe offering more than sufficient hanging space and shelving. There is a small vanity area and a small bedside chest of drawers between the beds. A black out blind behind the curtains ensures that you have that all important lie in, in the morning.
The next door on the left takes you into the L-shaped bathroom with heated towel rail.
Opposite the bathroom on the right of the corridor is the small bunk bed room, which is a joy for kids and adults alike! The beds are full sized single beds (a good 6'6" long) , offering spacious, safe and comfortable sleeping for your children. In fact our eldest two often sleep head to toe in the top bunk, which puts an end to whose turn it is to sleep on the top bunk! There is a black out blind in this room (no curtain) which we hope goes some way to ensure that the children stay in bed for a bit longer! There is a small wardrobe in this bedroom, which houses games and lego for use during your stay together with hanging space. There is also a bed barrier provided so that you are able to convert the bottom bunk into a cot, however a travel cot is also provided which can be comfortably set up in the master bedroom.
At the end of the corridor there is the master bedroom with a lovely double bed and two bedside cabinets. There is a vanity area in the corner of the room just before the door which offers access to the en-suite shower room. There is a triple wardrobe which provides sufficient hanging space and shelving. The ironing board, iron and hoover together with a hairdryer for your use are all housed within this wardrobe. Between the wardrobe and the vanity area is the door to access the en-suite shower room with sizeable shower cubicle, heated towel rail, toilet, sink and lighted over the sink vanity cupboard. Again black out blinds behind the curtains help to ensure that you have a decent lie in.
There is now Wi-fi access in the lodge although we would urge you to leave your work behind to fully appreciate the tranquillity of Limefitt and Jinnyspinner.
FACILITIES AT LIMEFITT
Facilities at Limefitt Park include a fully equipped adventure playground where youngest can delight in burning up surplus energy. There is the cosy Lakeland bar and lounge area assuring you of a warm welcome and meals whilst offering you Wi-Fi access, if you really must keep in touch with the outside world! In addition to a large flat screen TV which will ensure that you do not miss any major sporting events!
There is an on-site shop for all your immediate supplies and the park is less than 5 minutes away from the town of Windermere and all its facilities including a large Booths supermarket which is open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
There is access to fell walks leaving directly from the Park. There is a games room and rock pool area to entertain the young and old alike.
There is also a fully equipped launderette on site.
Also available to guests staying at Jinnyspinner, at an extra fee, is the opportunity of a pass to access the leisure facilities at White Cross Bay, which includes indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and gymnasium.
Click on a thumbnail to launch the image viewer
The map on this page can be zoomed in to show you the exact location of the lodge on Limefitt Park
(Awaiting information from owner)
The prices quoted are for arrivals on either Friday or Monday between the dates specified.
Either a 7 night stay WEEKLY RATE (arriving Friday 4pm depart by 10am following Friday)
OR a 3 night Weekend Short Break WESB (arrive Friday 4pm depart by 10 am Monday)
OR a 4 night Midweek Short break MWSB (arrive Monday 4pm depart by 10 am Friday)
- Jinnyspinner Lodge can be booked between March 1st and January 14th. We regret we are unable to offer stays between January 15th and February 28th as Limefitt Park is closed.
- We offer weekly stays (of 7 nights) arriving on a Friday.
- Short breaks are available throughout the year. Either a 3 night weekend short break (arrive Friday 4pm depart by 10am Monday) or a 4 night midweek break (arrive Monday 4pm depart by 10am Friday)
- For any other stays outside of these requirements including Monday arrivals, 2 night weekend stays, stays of longer than 7 days or flexible arrival and departure days (only within 2 weeks of stay) you will need to contact us to discuss.
- Maximum occupancy is 6 adults (plus 1 child in cot). Price is fully inclusive of all bedding, bed linen and towels, all gas and electricity.
- A deposit of £100 is payable in advance with the balance being due 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- Dogs are welcome at Jinnyspinner Lodge (maximum 2 at £10 per dog per stay).
- Please check our availability before enquiring.
- Returning guests receive a 5% discount on final price which will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Card payments accepted
Jinnyspinner Lodge - Booking Form
Please be kind enough to check our availability before completing the booking form or calling us
If you prefer you can call the property manager on 015394 68032 or email him to discuss your requirements.
(Awaiting content from owner)