Limefitt Park - Location
Limefitt Park is situated less than 30 minutes by car from Junction 36 of the M6.
Directions By Car From the South
- Exit M6 at Junction 36 and follow the A591 to Windermere.
- When you reach Windermere stay on the A591 towards Ambleside for 0.5 mile
- At the mini roundabout turn right taking the A592 Patterdale Road, sign posted Ullswater
- Limefitt is 2.5 miles on the right.
Directions By Car From the North and North East
- Exit to the left onto M6 J40
- At the roundabout, take the fourth exit onto A592 for 1.1 miles
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto A592 for 21 miles
- Pass the Queens Head Inn in Troutbeck and continue down the hill for approximately half a mile.
- Limefitt is on the left shortly before you reach Troutbeck Church .
Sat Nav users - Important Note!
The post code for Limefitt Park is LA23 1PA
If you are coming from the M6 J 36, your unit may direct you to take a short cut, turning right in the village of Ings. This uses country roads that are narrow and can be treacherous in winter. The right turn where this road rejoins the A592 is shortly after the brow of a hill. Whilst this is in a 40 MPH limit you should be prepared for traffic traveling at higher speeds who may not be expecting you to appear in front of them!
As a safer alternative you can continue to Bowness and turn right at the first roundabout as described above.
Virgin trains operate on the North West Coast line with a stop at Oxenholme for the Lake District. Journey times from London are just over 3 hours. From Crewe the journey is 75 minutes and from Glasgow just over 2 hours
From Oxenholme an hourly service takes about 15 minutes to get to Windermere from where it is a short taxi ride to Limefitt.
(Please check times before booking as this information is subject to change at short notice)
The nearest major airports are in Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Glasgow. A growing number of international flights use Blackpool airport. A pre-booked return taxi journey to Manchester Airport would cost approximately £100.